I am planning to rewrite/replace my own opengl gui library used in my project simPHY: the 2D physics simulator, thats why I compared various available opengl gui libraries like nifty-gui, twl, nuklear etc and I found twl to be best suited for my use especially because of its powerful textarea and theming capability. Sooner or later I may use it or modify my library to incorporate these features.
You can find the maven project at github.
how does it differ from original twl
this jogl port of twl library intended to work with newt in jogl, so main changes madeto library are
- all keycodes, mouse events are mapped to newt keyevents
- new jogl renderer is added
- new jogl input processor is added
- newt window and jogl animator are used to create display
- jogl effects rendered is used for twl effects
- several small tweaks to make it work with jogl
who else can use it
Anyone planning to use full featured opengl gui in jogl (to avoid multithreading conflict on combining swing with opengl). MatthiasMann is kind enough to freely share his awesome library with us. For commmercial use please contact MatthiasMannsince he is the one who holds all rights, there is no restriction in distributing or reusing code from my behalf.
how to use it
- Download ind install eclipse
- Download the repo and extract it
- Open eclipse and import >>Maven >>Existing maven Project
- Right click on project and click on menu Run As >>Maven install
- You will see jar jogl-twl-test-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar inside project folder jogl-twl-maven\jogl-twl-maven\jogl-twl-test\target
- Run jar and click on test buttons to see demo You should get an idea about using twl in jogl by looking at the source. For tutorials on using twl please visit http://twl.l33tlabs.org/.
Let me know if it is of some use to you.